Thursday, May 17, 2012

Opportunities...

You never know what opportunities will present themselves in your life.  Five years ago Daniel and I would have laughed emphatically if you had suggested we would be on a reality television show.  Or that people would be stopping by the shop just to see us or have us sign something.  But here we are.  Daniel has had the opportunity this year to speak at several schools.  He really enjoys getting to see the kids and share our story with them.  Tomorrow he and I will be going to Lake Hammilton Middle School to speak with the kids.  I am excited to get to see Daniel in action.  Most people don't realize that Daniel is not much of an extrovert.  Daniel is pretty quiet by nature, except when he is telling hunting stories that is. Learning to be more outspoken and animated in his storytelling was definitely a challenge when we first started filming American Stuffers.  Learning not to take over every story was more of my challenge.  I am naturally very talkative! 

When we first decided to do pet preservation, it was mostly as a favor to a very distressed client.  We thought it would be an extra service we would offer, but did not expect it to be a huge percentage of our business.  Traditional mounts, especially whitetail deer, have been the mainstay of the business from the beginning.  But just that one small decision to offer a new service, opened the door to this crazy adventure in TV land.  School will be over next wee for the summer and I will find time to write a more complete description of how it all started for us. 

I have also been thinking about writing about all of our pets and trying to upload some video.  If you have any suggestions or thoughts on what would be interesting to include, feel free to leave a comment or send us an email.  I am hoping to improve and learn more about this whole blogging thing this summer!

Have a wonderful weekend!  Daniel and I will be enjoying Hot Springs!

LaDawn and the Xtreme Taxidermy Crew

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You're a blogger! Love the show, love you guys...hoping for continued goodness for you and the fam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear how you guys began the business. I'd also love to hear more about your family and the pets too. Things like how y'all met, who drags home/feeds the critters, how Daniel went from painting cars to painting animal faces and how in the world Fred and Joseph came into the picture. Video would be fun! It would be like a little Ross family fix now since you guys aren't gracing my TV except for when I catch a rerun of the show. Please keep us updated on Dixie too. I hope you enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad I found this blog! Cannot wait to see what is next for the business...have said it before and will say it again, 'American Stuffers' was THE best show on TV. I'd be interested to know a little bit more about how the Xtreme Taxidermy crew's lives and the business has changed since getting the show. Also, agree with Herd of Cowarts' comment too...an occasional Ross Family Fix would be awesome. =) Hope you all are enjoying the summer so far!

    ReplyDelete